Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"Dance First. Think Later."


Currently in Lyon, we are celebrating... DANCE!  From September 13th to September 30th, hundreds of dancers have been, are, and will be holding various performances celebrating dance.  This event combines various shows, dance lessons, a parade, an enormous flash mob, and more!

To kick off the festival, a parade was held on the streets around Place Bellecour with participants representing different areas of Lyon.  Each group had something different to offer to the crowd.  There were plenty of dancers, singers, stilt-walkers, musicians, and acrobats.  It was certainly one of the most colorful and unique parades I have seen  in quite some time.  (I am still have dreams of being chased by hundreds of people looking like the Blue Man Group.  See the picture to the right below to understand why.)

I was extremely proud of myself for being able to provide medical attention to a dehydrated drummer during the parade.  Okay... so maybe I just provided some water, sunblock, and used my height to provide shade.  STILL... I am saying that I saved a downed drummer with no pre-health experience from W&J. 

Once the parade was complete, the participants and the spectators gathered at Place Bellecour around a stage to watch a group of extremely talented dancers perform.  Once finished, they invited the entire crowd to participate in the dance.  (They clearly didn't know how bad of an idea that was with me in the audience.)  HOWEVER... the dancers taught the crowd (or most of the crowd at least) a few simple dance moves that amazingly came together quite well.  I've taken the liberty to add the video below for your enjoyment... and laughter.

I will now launch a contest on this blog:  The goal is to find me!  I promise that I am in this crowd, and I am dancing.  The challenge is to find me!  I will give you a few hints.  I am wearing a black polo shirt, and I am towards the middle/left if you are standing on the stage facing out towards the audience.  

And no... this is not just a way to let you do all the work in finding me since I've failed at it.

Good Luck!  Oh... and the winner will receive a prize!


2 comments:

  1. Found you! On the frame at .34, on the upper lefthand side of the screen, two people to the left of the Black gentleman wearing the turquoise shirt, under the "2012" on the title at the top of the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And....you're jumping up and down at 2.03.

    ReplyDelete